Accounting Resume Sample
There are many career opportunities for accounting professionals in any business sector. You can look to become a CFO/Controller, Financial Analyst/Financial Planner, Portfolio Manager or Investment counselor, whichever profession matches with your skills and confidence levels. When you are preparing an accounting resume stress should be given on areas of expertise, skills, certifications and other special accomplishments that you may have gained. The company should feel that you can perform the accounting functions with ease. You may include a summary of how you had helped the last organization gain fiscal health levels. Before developing an accounting resume you should perform preliminary research regarding the job postings and types of vacancies. Such a research will help you have a fair idea about the target job. With little research you would understand the skill sets and experience levels that employers are wanting.
How to Write Accounting Resume Objective
Often some accounting students keep asking the question “I do not have good grades, how can I get a job?” Well, the employers are often not looking for the brightest students, they want someone with accounting knowledge and ability to learn and adapt. Accounting fundamentals are same across the United States but their applications are different one business organization to the other.
In the objective section you confirm to employers that you want to learn new things in the accounting field and use them flawlessly in your daily work. Objective in an accounting resume will offer a glimpse of what you are planning for in the future.
Some Sample Accounting Resume Objectives
- General Accountancy: To obtain a position in your esteemed organization that would help utilize my progressive experience and skills acquired in the field of accounting.
- Senior Account Manager: To obtain a position that will help utilize my potential in the role of a senior account manager. Will be honored to use my experience, skills and knowledge gained as a professional for the betterment of the organization.
- Junior Accountant: I would like to work with a professional group that will aptly need my knowledge and skills in accounting for the success of the company. I wish to implement my knowledge about principles of accounting and computer applications such as Tally and Oracle to provide best outputs.
How to Write Accounting Resume Skills
When you are developing an accounting resume place the skills section at the top half of first page. It will highlight your expertise and what fiscal assistance you can offer to the company. When the recruiter reads through the skills, he/she should immediately understand your scope of work. The skills section is also ideal to insert certain accounting position related keywords. Such keywords will make sure your resume come up when there is a relevant search by the recruiters. You may include the following terms in the accounting resume skills section:
- Financial & Strategic Planning
- Auditing and Compliance Issues.
- P&L Management.
- Maintaining accounting standards.
- Development and management of budget.
- Operating and working on capital.
- Modeling and cash-flow management.
- Merger or Acquisition negotiations.
- Business evaluations.
You can also include certain certifications gained in the accounting industry such as CFA, CPA, Series 7, 63 or 64.
Other parts of the accounting resume should delve deep into your accounting and finance background. When you are mentioning the employers describe the accounting responsibilities wrested upon your shoulders and provide some statistics to back your success in performing those duties. You may include lines such as “Instrumental in income and revenue growth of 76% over a period of 15 months”.
Sample Accounting Resume Example
132, Sample Street, Adamsville, Alabama 35005
email@example.com, (123) 456-7890
To obtain a position in your esteemed organization that would help utilize my progressive experience and skills acquired in the field of accounting.
- Focused and highly organized accounting professional with a track record for executing all accounting activities with accuracy and efficiency.
- Having comprehensive knowledge about auditing and accounting principles, A/R, A/P, payroll management, general ledger maintenance, taxation issues, regulatory compliance guidelines and invoicing.
- Expertise in developing monthly, quarterly and annual Profit & Loss statements and preparing Balance Sheets within strict deadlines.
- Ability to analyze cost control and provide timely financial reports to the management supporting the corporate goals.
- Capable of implementing new technologies that streamline the accounting process, provide better efficiency and productivity.
Associate Degree in Accounting (2004) from Jefferson State Community College.
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook Express), Tally, Oracle, Cyma and QuickBooks.
Sirius Technical Services – Birmingham, Alabama
Senior Account Manager
Provided accounting leadership and management for this Construction Services based company with an annual turnover of more than $1M.
- Performed various types of financial activities including creation of P&L statements and management reports.
- Participated in bank reconciliations and created invoices to collect overdue amounts.
- Managed Payroll and prepared payroll tax returns.
- Interacted with external clients and other vendors on a regular basis.
- Streamlined the accounting process and supported a significant increase in productivity levels.
- Company was saved nearly $9K per year in outsourcing, CPA costs and other technical supports.
Advantage Staffing – Montgomery, Alabama
Performed a large range of accounting functions for staffing solutions company having an annula revenue of over $2 M.
- Paid a strict attention details while managing financial transactions and record keeping.
- Compiled statistical reports for the management, generated invoices and created monthly financial statements.
- Collaborated with external auditors to provide all types of assistance.
- Provided support to the company’s CPA.
- Improved the accounting processes and reduced the overall timeframe for receiving client payments.
- Took on many extra responsibilities and excelled in them.
Beyel Brothers Inc. – Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Supported this construction company with an annual turnover of $1M in accounting processes.
- Guaranteed timely and accurate processing of all accounting data.
- Performed all account receivable and payable functions.
- Posted sales invoices.
- Scrutinized account transactions to identify and then resolve any discrepancy.
- Maintained good communications with the managers through the accounting process.
- Constantly great skills in learning accounting skills quickly.
- Reduced all the outstanding accounts and solved many related problems.
Signature of JEFFERY CAINE
Accounting Resume Sample
Well developed accounting resume will fetch you a good job amongst the vacancies available in the market.