Administrative Assistant Resume Sample
As an administrative assistant you will have to fulfill a number of roles. The administrative assistants are adept at handling many administrative functions and this is why the companies professionals in the job role. Administrative assistants are recruited by companies from all sectors and there are large vacancies in the US. You will find job vacancies in large, medium as well as small companies, only you’ll need to submit a well written administrative assistant resume.
Drafting a good administrative assistant resume highlighting the multitasking capabilities is essential to land up a good job. If you are a fresher in the field then there is no need to create a chronological resume, a functional resume will fit the bill for you.
How to Write Administrative Assistant Resume Objectives?
Objectives in the administrative assistant resume hold a very important place. They are the next set of information after the recruiter looks through name and contact details. Objectives tell something about you and a well written objectives section can earn you an interview call from large companies. Handling pressures and multitasking capabilities should be highlighted in the objectives section. As administrative assistants have to handle many roles so communicating your versatility in positive light is also very important.
Some Sample Administrative Resume Objectives
- Looking forward to contributing with my skills and experience in the job of administrative assistant in a competitive environment.
- Wish to use my multitasking, problem solving and attention to details in a challenging work environment.
- To use my secretarial, communication and problem solving skills for the betterment of the organization.
How to Write Administrative Assistant Resume Skills?
The job of an administrative assistant is pivotal in the smooth functioning of the company. Tasks may include face to face communication with the customers and other tasks such as mail distribution, correspondence with the management, noting down the minutes of meeting and several types of record maintenance. As you can see the tasks are vastly apart from each other. To perform all these tasks with management satisfaction you will need to possess certain skills such as:
- In-depth experience in all type of office management functions.
- Adept at handling the bookkeeping processes.
- Ability to work with high levels of accuracy.
- Good communication skills.
- Skills in time management and other organizational skills.
- Posses Analysis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent etiquette over telephone.
- Upgraded in technology usage.
- Excellent in prioritizing tasks.
The skills of an administrative assistant can be endless. While applying you should read through the job description and then include the skills required in your administrative assistant resume. In the techno age including some computer skills is very important for your prospects. Always support your claims with some facts; recruiters do not like vague information.
Sample Administrative Assistant Resume Example
Cinderella Road, Charlotte, North Carolina 2813
email@example.com, (012) 345-6789
To use my secretarial, communication and problem solving skills for the betterment of the organization.
SUMMARY & SKILLS
- Over 4 years of experience in various fast paced working environments.
- Excellent communication skills displayed in greeting customers and answering to phone calls.
- Thorough knowledge in maintaining records on paper and over the electronic systems.
- Accuracy in distributing manual and electronic mails to concerned people.
- Ability to ensure accurate communications by correcting spelling and grammar problems.
- Capability to operate essential devices such as copiers, fax machines, phone systems, etc.
- Good computer handling skills such as preparing spreadsheets, database management, word processing, etc.
- Adept in working with Microsoft Office.
- Keyboard Speed of about 55 WPM.
- Office machine installations.
- Grammar and Punctuation corrections over the computer.
- Record and database maintenance over the computer.
- Restructured many administrative processes which shortened process time by about 35%.
- Initiated training sessions for interns that helped company raise $10,000.
- Awarded with Employee of the Month Award – September 2011.
Fair Point Communications – Charlotte, NC
- Responsible for recording, preparing, checking and proofreading various correspondences, presentations, invoices, reports and other material.
- Prepared minutes of meetings.
- Scheduled and later booked for travel needs.
- Routed the regular and electronic mails and other information to ensure smooth workflow.
- Worked on manual and electronic filing systems.
- Maintained records and ordered for various office supplies.
- Scheduled appointments with top managers.
Duke Energy Corp. – Charlotte, NC
- Attended telephone and forwarded calls/messages to concerned person.
- Greeted all the visitors and guided them to appropriate departments.
- Aided the research activities with statistical data compilation and other helpful information.
High School Diploma from Charlotte Town College.
Administrative Assistant Resume Sample
Administrative assistant job is not one of those few jobs for people who get bored at work. If you’re fine with administrative environment then this job is perfect for you. Only you need to send a perfect administrative assistant resume to recruiters.