Creating a professional looking CNA resume is the first criteria to get a job as Certified Nursing Assistant. Like in any other profession Certified Nursing Assistant resume is a crucial factor for your path to success. Many times a resume tells a lot about your professionalism and attention to perfection. Both these characteristics are assets for any health worker. CNA professionals have to care for their patients. A slight negligence on their behalf can be a line between life and death for their patient. If you are CNA professional who has passed through the CNA classes and earned a license then you will definitely want to know the tricks of resume writing with the help of some CNA resume examples.
How to Create a Great CNA Resume
You should first know the resume writing mistakes when drafting your CNA resume. Microsoft Word has some templates for resume ready for use. These are nothing extraordinary but they are starting points. You can also use the Internet to find some CNA resume sample. There are plenty of websites having an abundance of CNA resume examples. You can surf through these and download one that you feel fitting to your purpose. If you want a truly unique Certified Nursing Assistant resume then you can take inspiration from some popular resumes and merge them together.
Personalized resumes will not have any duplicates. Many young certified nursing assistants even use the resume samples of their successful seniors. It is also a great way to make an impression if you have good connections.
CNA Resume Information
More information you put into a CNA resume, better it is for your prospects. Abundance of information means there is a lot to say, this always augers well for the recruiters. They will also appreciate your attention to perfection. Elongated Certified Nursing Assistant resume helps recruiters make up their mind. They do not have to bombard you with a host lot of questions. You should include information like educational history, work history, objectives, goals, references and other information. Creating a section for languages known is very important for travel CNA professionals.
Most reputed resume writers would stress that it is important to provide a list of skills and duties. Duties you have done are the experience. It means the recruiters can find a ready-made job role for you. Try to mention the circumstances and the duties you have performed to provide a full picture to the recruiters. Listing the skills is also very important. Make sure these are written with elaborate details.
Write an inspiring career objective. This is the sole place in your Certified Nursing Assistant resume where you can show your love for the profession. Make sure the objectives are realistic. Ideally the work history or duties performed should be in accordance with the career objective. This gives out an impression that you have already started working on your dreams. It is a solacing factor to have an employee who loves the work he/she does. Professionally written resume objective will give you advantage over others.
CNA Resume Example
Mark Connor, CNA
XX Golf Green Court | Anothertown, NY 06620 | (XXX) XXX-XXXX | firstname.lastname@example.org
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
I am a completely dedicated nursing professional. I have excellent charting and patient-care skills. These skills were gained with more than five years of experience while working as a CAN professional. I am a compassionate individual with adequate technical skills to attend patients in various healthcare settings. CPR and BLS certified (current).
- Caring for Patients & Assuring their Safety.
- Know how of Diagnostic Testing Processes.
- Indepth knowledge of various Medical Terminologies.
- Capable of maintaining Electronic Medical Records
- Checking Vital Signs for Patients and their daily Monitoring
- Administering required Medication on time.
- Maintaining Privacy of Patients as mentioned by HIPAA Regulations.
- Supporting patients and providing them required Advocacy.
BCA STAFFING COMPANY, Anothertown, NY
Certified Nursing Assistant, 2010 to Present
- Providing optimum patient care as a professional CNA within acute-care, rehabilitation, surgical, home-healthcare and nursing-home settings.
- Preserving patient dignity and assuring patient’s dignity while carrying out tasks such as diapering, bed-pan changes, bathing and emptying drainage bags.
- Appreciated for effective team collaboration, patient relations, chart accuracy and consistent deliverance of empathetic care.
EDF REHABILITATION COMPANY, Anothertown, NY
Certified Nursing Assistant, 2009 to 2010
- Provided nursing assistance at a 120-bed capacity healthcare facility to all the residents.
- Assisted patients with essential activities required for daily living such as helping them with meals, transferring patients using assistive devices, bathing, grooming and dressing.
HIG HOSPITAL, Anothertown, NY
Certified Nursing Assistant, 2007 to 2009
- Showed strong clinical skills while assessing vital signs, glucose checks, and performing lab draws. Gained expertise in providing pre and post operative care.
- Adhered to all safety guidelines and completed hospital’s three hours Patient Safety Training Program.
- Ensured accurate and timely flow of patient information. Maintained thorough patient records and kept on updating healthcare team on various patients’ status.
- Complied constantly with HIPAA standards while preparing patient documentation and in other interactions.
- CBA School, Anothertown, NY
- Nurse’s Aide Program, 2006: Completed clinical training of more than 60 hours.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), New York, 2007
CNA Resume Sample
It is always important that you create a great first impression with the Certified Nursing Assistant resume and cover letter. These are some tricks that work best. You can yourself custom make the resume based on your preferences. Resumes should be made in regards to what the recruiters want to see rather than singing praises about yourself. Resume is a much overlooked part of a CNA career. Do not take it lightly, crafting a CNA resume is very important.