CNA Scholarships: Taking Monetary Burdens out of the Equation
CNA professionals have a non-medical job role, but their duties cannot be undermined in any way. They care for the patients and help them spend their days with dignity. From helping the patients with their eating and bathing to delivering medications on time, these are all part of the CNA job role. If CNA sees any worst signs for the patient they have to report of the same to their authorities. There are many glory stories of CNA professionals, where regular care and timely reporting has saved lives of patients. Sadly, there is a scarcity of CNA professionals in the present medical scenario. CNA is looked upon by youngsters as a gateway to healthcare sector. Most of them have higher aspirations and their vacancy creates a big headache for the hospital or nursing home management.
How to Look for CNA Scholarships
Governments all over the world have taken the scarcity of CNA professionals very seriously. They are encouraging the youth to take CNA as their profession by sanctioning many CNA scholarships and grants. These scholarships make CNA education completely free and one can solely concentrate on getting best training for the challenging job role of CNA. The best place to start looking for CNA scholarships are the financial aid departments of any nursing school. The people working in the financial aid department have years of experience and they will be able to guide students in regards to getting CNA scholarships. There are many other resources too.
- Workforce Investment Act of 1998: This act was passed by Bill Clinton to improve employment chances of poor or needy youths. You will need to show your financial status before being applicable for this grant. Another criterion for this grant is that you should be unemployed for a great amount of time. CNA training is one of the free training options under the Work Investment Act. If you qualify under this act then you will be trained for free without any payback charges.
- Opportunity Grant: This grant can be applied for by students who are eligible for any other financial aid. The eligibility for such CNA scholarships varies from one state to the next. The criterion is mainly income level of student’s family. This is a great way to get quality CNA training from Community Colleges.
- Disability Grants: There are special grants for disabled people who cannot afford to pay for CNA training. To get the details for such CNA scholarships one can either go to the local district office or workforce investment offices.
- State Based Scholarships: Most state boards offer CNA scholarships based on their own set of guidelines. These may be based on prior educational records or monetary status of family. Most institutes offering CNA training also have this provision. Interested students can enquire the details while applying for your choice of institute.
- General Scholarships: Nursing homes and hospitals constantly need CNA professionals. To strengthen their ranks many hospitals and nursing homes are offering CNA scholarships. Department of Health and Human Services in USA has provided funds to more than hundred colleges and universities to make CNA training more affordable for the students. There are CNA scholarships offered to students who undergo CNA training in rural areas where there is a high demand of CNA professionals. If you can live and work in these rural areas then you will be eligible for such CNA scholarships. Many employers also offer tuition or scholarships to their prospective employees undertaking CNA training.
If you want to be a CNA professional and serve patients then there is no dearth of opportunities. Money is not a constraint as far as CNA training goes. CNA scholarships are great ways to get best training at no costs at all.