Customer Service Resume Sample
US Department of Labor has reported a significant rise in the employment scopes for customer service personnel all over the United States. Whether you are in the entry level or a senior manager there are jobs galore. There are large companies looking for good customer service personnel and you can land up a good job with a well drafted resume. Well written customer service resumes will draw the attention of recruiters and you will have higher probabilities of getting calls from leading companies in the sector.
How to Write Customer Service Resume Objective
Objectives section finds its place in the top half of the customer service resume and draws the attention of recruiters to the resume. Most job consultants are of the view that the objectives section for the customer service resume should not be lengthy. It should be accommodated within one sentence bringing out your core belief. One liner objective should crisp and to the point. There is no reason to ponder here and there when you are drafting the objectives section.
Some Sample Resume Objectives Customer Service
- Looking for a challenging position in customer service.
- To obtain a multi-task drawing upon my extensive experience in customer relations.
- To obtain a challenging position in customer service where my years of knowledge in customer service will be tested.
- To obtain a customer service position where my problem solving and persuasive communicating skills would be put to use.
How to Write Customer Service Resume Skills
When the recruiters are going through a pile of customer service resumes, the skills differentiate your resume from the others. There are certain skills that are associated with the customer service jobs.
You will have to communicate with the clients either face to face or over the telephones, so excellent communication skills should be highlighted. At times the skills may vary slightly depending upon the specific industry you would be catering to. You can include the following details top your skills section:
- Acquired excellent verbal and written communication skills while studying and working in customer service.
- Years of experience in both face-to-face and phone based sales processes.
- Effective listener.
- Very patient and tolerant to client’s thoughts.
- Possess effective marketing and sales skills.
- High levels of interpersonal communication skills.
- Sales analysis skills.
- Competent computer skills including Microsoft office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
If you have undertaken any professional course that would aid you in creating sales opportunities, it should find a place in your Customer service resume.
Customer Service Resume Example
XX Main Street, Blackwell, Oklahoma 74631
email@example.com, (012) 345-6789
Obtaining a challenging position in customer service where extensive knowledge in customer service will be tested.
- A customer service professional having 10 years of experience in call center sales operations.
- Having 10 years of experience in providing customer support in a challenging call center environment for various types of industries.
- Untiring dedication to the customer service job roles which helped in building productive relationships, resolving any complex sales and production issues and finally winning customer loyalty.
- Superior partnership building skills helping employers in sales efforts.
- Attentive listener with required creativity to solve problems.
- Effective diplomacy skills.
Corix Utilities – Oklahama City, Oklahoma
Customer Service Team Lead
Handle complaints, billing questions, customer inquiries and payment/service requests. Help pacify the angry callers, rebuild their trust factor, look for resources to resolve the problem and advice best options. Interact with internal partners, , new businesses, consumer affairs divisions and operations.
- Managed to provide high volume work outputs in a deadline-driven environment.
- Resolved more than 500 inquiries any week and met all the criterions in the field of work i.e. speed, volume and accuracy.
- Performed the role of mentor/trainer for the new representatives and helped them get over challenging calls.
- Helped the company gain highest customer service ratings in all the departments such as listening skills, politeness, problem resolution and communication skills.
- Earned applause for enthusiasm, tenacity, initiative, persuasiveness and focus on customers.
- Partook in voluntary customer service training to acquire new skills.
CP Masters Inc – Guthrie, Oklahoma
Customer Service Representative
Investigated into and resolved all the customer inquiries within quick time. Processed all email inquiries and took necessary actions in regards to name, address changes, letter requests, etc. Resolved the customer problems escalated from the store level.
- Was a consistent performer and earned 95 points out of 100 in the scorecard system.
- Assimilated the lessons from the training and then helped coach new customer representatives.
- Earned appreciation for strong relationship capacity with major clients.
State Farm – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Customer Service Agent
Handled all the incoming calls of the policy holders, responded to their enquiries, resolved problems and corrected any policy errors. Provided quotes and oversaw online policy changes for home and auto liability. Proficient in used consultative selling techniques to help telesales personnel.
- Recognized as #1 sales representative out of a team of 26 in the fall of 2005.
- Developed a training program which minimized the training time from seven weeks to five weeks.
- Improved the sales figures with sales tracking and lead generation techniques.
Customer Service Training (2001) from Oklahoma State University.
SIGNATURE OF ROGER STONE
Customer Service Resume Sample
You should understand that every part of the customer service resume is important. You should stack it with as much information about yourself as possible but avoid these resume writing mistakes. If there are any major sales milestones you have reached in your tenure in the earlier job scopes, do not forget to mention them.