The jobs of electrical engineers address a comprehensive area in electrical engineering ranging from designing, assembling, and analyzing the performance of DC motors, drives, navigation items, and a control panel to power supply systems. In the manufacturing process an electronic engineer may require obtaining support of an electronics circuit board, which comes under the electronics section, a division of electrical engineering. Followed by most up-to-date techniques to increase the efficiency level of electrical merchandises, designing installation procedures, guiding team people about setting up procedures, and product assessment to ensure productivity and specs meet the target objective are the job responsibilities of electrical engineers. In a corporate environment, typically, electrical engineers perform under the guidance of a project manager and are accountable to maintain a time schedule and budget to complete their assignments.
Some Tips on Writing the Electrical Engineer Resume
- Ponder as to how efficiently you can utilize your expertise to progress your career by benefiting your employer and society; your career objective deserves the top position of your resume and must be persuasive.
- Due to the wideness and many subdivisions in electrical engineering field, employers now prefer to absorb candidates with specialized knowledge. For instance, if a candidate applies for the position of electric power generation unit or assembling of electro-medical devices; expertise in the specific field can be advantageous to them.
- Narrate your other skills and experience briefly and point-wise, covering all the areas that you feel important to attract your employer.
- Since electronics is a coupled part of electrical engineering, if you have any experience, say knowledge in testing electronic circuit boards, that should be highlighted in a separate line. Mention your personal attributes.
- Complete your resume with details of your educational background.
An Example of Electrical Engineer Resume
Keith B. Simmons
XX Leo Street, Denver, CO 80202
(000) 013-0000, firstname.lastname@example.org
In an era where we have started producing the most innovative ‘green’ technology base environment-friendly electrical devices, I feel great enthusiasm to join this top promising industry. I would like to grow by contributing my best skills and endeavors and remain committed to my company, as well as society.
- Conversant to employ design and engineering software of complex series for necessary designing of gadgets, generators, AC/DC drives.
- Knowledge in fundamentals of calculus and other advanced techniques and methodologies to study, structure, and troubleshoot electrical equipment.
- Enjoy challenges in design, development, or installation work of multifaceted electrical systems or products.
- Great attitude to work in a team to make a project work successfully.
- Accustomed to perform in deadline-oriented assignments.
Continental Devices, Los Angeles, CA
2014 – Present
- Responsible enough to look into customer complains, find out problematic issues, and guide juniors with necessary guidelines and solutions.
- Work with advanced design software and study internet resources to find superior systems of power supply items, generators and communication tools.
- Coordinate with the executives of the electronics engineering cell and sit with them to find the synchronization point of devices under the guidance of a project manager.
- Quality control, meeting product specification, and monitoring customer requirements with great care.
- Track budgeting, assign jobs to team members and give deadlines, take all necessary steps to complete a project work in time and on budget, report to senior management.
Junior Electrical Engineer
PLA Power Equipment Manufacturers, Bergland, MI
2012 – 2014
- Worked under the supervision of an executive engineer (electrical), as per job assignment used to design electrical motors and power supply systems.
- Upon development of the equipment by other team members, assessed the performance of the implements.
- Reported back to my senior, was involved in troubleshooting of tools as per suggestion of senior technicians, evaluated installation standards to ensure workmanship.
- Administrative jobs.
Undergoing Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology
College and University, PA
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineers
College and University, PA (2012)
High Schools Diploma in Science
VAC Institute, NY (2009)
Electrical Engineer Resume Screenshot