Whereas an effective resource management is acknowledged with great significance to optimize productivity level, most high profile corporate organizations employ Industrial Engineers to ensure that the production process runs with 100% non-wastage of manpower, machine hours, energy, time, and raw materials in order to reach its targeted yield. And that is how the job responsibilities of industrial engineer require them to perform a series of activities including studying and making certain that the production flow is as per schedule and specification. To attain this, they must be well informed about the methodologies followed in the manufacturing process. Routine interaction with the production manager and working in-cooperation to verify the product accuracy, utilization of manpower and machine houses, determining machine downtimes, and reporting to the service provider, are included in their job responsibilities. To maximize production efficiency, whilst close coordination with man-and-machine is imperative, it is also essential to prepare comprehensive cost analysis and work together with clients as well as management for standardization of product design/features and production scheduling. In addition, communication with vendors, taking care of QC, and reporting to management are the routine duties of an industrial engineer.
Some Tips on Writing the Industrial Engineer Resume
- Out of the array, the major accountability of an industrial engineer to his employer is to make sure that wastage of resources is nil or negligible, the process is flawless, and produces are per market demand. Thus, your objective should address maximization of productivity with minimal waste and it should be positioned at the frontal part of your resume.
- The wide range of tasks typically requires an industrial engineer to focus on a particular segment of division in big corporate environments. For example, jobs like looking after QC & vendor management or process analysis. Therefore, if you have your knowledge in ISO or an equivalent certification or have training in agile, focusing on that in the resume is important.
- To be successful in this profession, apart from your general skills, some special traits that automatically generate through your knowledge and exposure, such as visualization power and problem-solving attitude, are added qualities and attract your employer. Hence, mention them methodically apart from your experience in the field and education.
An Example of Mechanical Engineer Resume
Kathy C. Heldt
XX Oakway Lane Van Nuys, CA 91405
(000) 022-0000, email@example.com
For an industrial engineer, facing new challenges and hurdles of process management and finding solutions in order to reach the productivity level requires great expertise. Being an associate of a vast manufacturing process, I like to overcome all these hazards with my best knowledge, skills, and attitude in order to maximize output level, product excellence, customer satisfaction, and profitability.
- Believes in logic based procedures and ideas and possess a diagnostic approach.
- Thorough to multifaceted job profile and holds quick learning capability.
- Expert in team management; capable to motivate manpower and maximize machine hour by employing the newest techniques and minimizing machine downtime.
- Proficient in numerical analysis and comprehends a standard of workmanship; alertness to find variations, and excellent problem solving attitude.
- Comprehensive knowledge in workers’ safety measures and protection issues relating to labor laws; a good listener and confident to deal with different issues of vendors and clients.
- Accustomed to working under pressure with a number of challenges; high level of coordinating outlook.
Production and QC Executive
DBK Products Limited, Dallas, TX
2013 – Present
- Production schedule; job assignment; supervision of process steps and meeting the daily target.
- Meeting with team people to understand their individual problems; finding new techniques to increase production and assure no waste production.
- Routine verification of machine, tools, control panels, and performing of conveyor belts with the plant engineer; targeting to minimize machine down time.
- Daily meetings with plant manager and production supervisor to monitor productivity and product standards to meet required specifications quality assurance. If any deviation is found, immediate steps are taken to find faulty process areas.
- Meeting with vendors to negotiate quality, price, and delivery schedule; sitting with machine-tool suppliers and service providers; arranging for renewal of service contracts.
- Reporting to plant manager and management; administrative jobs.
EKW Engineering Works, Daly City, CA
2011 – 2013
- Worked in a group of process engineers under the supervision of a production manager; prepared job schedules based on customer orders and assigned jobs to machine men.
- Daily meetings with the production chief, manager, and the team leaders to convey the last day’s production status, backlog, and planning current date assignments.
- Ensuring process level chain is in order and capable to meet the target production at the day-end; instant measure to solve breakdown of implements with the help of indoor and outdoor engineers; reporting to supervisor and production manager.
Agile Certification Course
In-house QC course (sponsored by DBK products) (2014)
Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering
University and College, Georgia (2012)
High Schools Degree in Science
Tech Institute, Dayton, OH (2007)
Industrial Engineer Resume Screenshot