Marketing Resume Sample
You can create a brand yourself with a well written marketing resume. As a marketing professional you will of course recognize the importance of branding a product or service, it is equally important to brand yourself and catch the attention of the biggest employment sources. When applying at a leading company you will face stiff competition from several professionals. It is here that good marketing resume will give you the edge. You can convey your career values and generate positive results with a marketing resume. You may have drafted many important sales documents but marketing resume is the most important document that you will ever draft. Employers take into notice precise and information filled resumes that convey what the job seeker is all about. 2012 saw a significant increase in the number of marketing position jobs, as most recruitment experts feel the trend will continue further in 2013. This year will be good for the entry level, mid level and senior position marketing professionals, view Forbes blog. If you want to reap the advantages of this prosperous job market then writing a good resume is important.
How to Write Marketing Resume Objective?
In marketing sector your values are very important judging criteria for the employers. Often the success or failure of a company is segregated by how well it is being marketed. Though the objective is a small one liner statement but it will give an insight into your beliefs or accomplishments. You have to highlight the key strengths and what value you will bring to the company.
Some Sample Marketing Resume Objectives
- Seeking a position in the marketing sector where my sales skills and managerial experiences can be utilized within a competitive working environment aiding me to showcase my expertise, skill and qualifications.
- Was able to capture market leading dominance, about 59% market share gains, for newly launched as well as existing product lines.
- Raised the sales margins by millions of dollars, nearly $5.9 million for each campaign.
- Sales closing ratios were significantly improved (nearly 85%) by using high quality and low costing print marketing tools.
How to Write Marketing Skills in Resume?
As marketing professionals will say good communication and persuasive powers are the main strengths of a successful marketing professional. Achieving sales is not an easy cup of tea; the professional has to overcome intense competition. You will be recruited to provide the company an edge in this competition to sell services or products. Skills for a marketing professional should encompass written and oral communication skills.
Good marketing professionals are quite quick thinking and mold any situation to their favor. There are certain skill-sets that are a must for marketing professionals when hunting for jobs.
Some Sample Marketing Skills to be Mentioned in Resume
- Wrote effective copies for brochures, catalogs and direct mails.
- Created business materials such as proposals, reports and forms.
- Conceptualized and implemented sales campaigns, employee incentive programs and other promotional contests.
- Evaluated scopes in new and target markets and proposed marketing strategies to fully utilize the existing scopes.
- Managed production team outputs, monitored print operations, guided the vendors, etc.
- Trained, coached and evaluated other team members.
- Planned and coordinated for participation in trade shows and other special events.
- Conducted many sales surveys and analyzed results.
Sample Marketing Resume Example
XX Linda Street, San Francisco, CA 94110
email@example.com, (012) 345-6789
Seeking a position in the marketing sector where my sales skills and managerial experiences can be utilized within a competitive working environment aiding me to showcase my expertise, skill and qualifications. Sales closing ratios were significantly improved (nearly 85%) by using high quality and low costing print marketing tools.
- Creating Sales & Marketing materials.
- Drafting Sales Promotion Plans.
- Planning & executing promotional appearances in trade shows and other events.
- Preparing and analyzing sales reports.
- Collecting survey data and preparing sales plans.
Skim Links Inc. – San Francisco, CA
- Launched multichannel print promotions such as catalog, web marketing and other direct marketing campaigns that increased the sales of the company by nearly 6 million dollars over a stretch of 2 years.
- Introduced a website for the company to tap in the online sales potential.
- Led to introduction 21 new products and achieved marketing success with each of these.
- Performed customer or market research to come up with targeted marketing plans for specific segments.
- Met the marketing budgets with cost effective promotional processes.
Product Madness – San Francisco, CA
- Helped in expanding the market area based on market analysis.
- Prepared cost estimates for all expansion plans.
- Significant increase in customer base.
- Surveyed statistical data to help company in chalking out better promotional materials.
- Assisted other professionals in writing press releases and other content promoting company’s services.
- Generated new leads for senior marketing professionals.
Bachelor of Sciences from San Francisco University.
- Major in Communications and Minor in English Language.
- Graduated with high honors marks.
- Knowledge about MS Office, MS Project, Photoshop, Crystal Reports, etc.
Marketing Resume Sample
If there are any certifications and proofs for these facts then those should be mentioned. Other educational certifications that would give you an edge should also be mentioned in the marketing resume. When you provide a list of past employers always mention the achievements you have had in the tenure.