Restaurant servers are seen doing works in the various restaurants. They carry food and drinks to customers at different types of restaurants. The BLS predicted the demand for restaurant servers would increase by 8% from 2011 through 2021. Restaurant servers are employed in the industry by casual eateries and dining restaurants and they aim to provide extraordinary services to the guests and customers. The primary job of a server is to greet and seat the coming customers, and to take their orders and deliver the orders appropriately in decent manner. To become a restaurant server you need to have a high school diploma or equivalent degree, no prior experience in food service is not necessary but if any one has the experience it will be considered as the advantageous mark for him.
As per BLS, in 2015 median pay for a food server in restaurant was $19,040 per year. In this job entry level education in most of the cases is less than high school; job out look during 2014-2024 is 10% as fast as average. To get through the job of a restaurant server, you must submit a well written restaurant server resume.
How to Write Restaurant Server Resume Objective?
Objective part is very much essential part of a resume, as the profession of a restaurant server it is too much important because you have to represent yourself through the objective part. You will have to express yourself with your content what you can do and how you can do your best, the recruiters will select you after screening through the objective part so you must be very much particular and justified to your own credibility.
Some Samples of Restaurant Server Resume Objectives
- Seeking to get a food serving position and utilizing my exceptional knowledge, I wish to create customer care service.
- By my polite behavior and cordial nature to attract so many customers and to enhance the profit of the organization.
- Want to use my exceptional knowledge of food and beverage preparation and with that to make excellent guest relationship, etiquette to provide excellent customer care service.
- Wishing to serve by my good knowledge of table setting, light setting, and food serving also handling the guests well like in a hospitality environment.
- Desiring to work as a team leader and seeks to build up confidence level strong in the authority by maintaining proper customer service.
How to Write Restaurant Server Resume Skills?
Skills are also a vital part of a resume. When you are going for the job a restaurant server you must be mentally alert. You must be spirited and dynamic. Your foremost aim will be to expose your capability, by which you will show up how different you are from others, your excellence, ability and aptitude all will be fully nurtured up in this section.
Some Sample Restaurant Server Resume Skills
- Having the capacity to deal with the various customers well and provide them better service.
- Possessing organizational power which will inspire to motivate the duty much better way as to bring more profit for the organization.
- Spirited and dynamic, both which will enable to go long run against any hostilities.
- Having specific knowledge of food servicing and choosing drinks for the valuable customers.
- Having technical skill, like operating computer, using credit card etc.
- Can maintain well time management.
- Very much cooperative with seniors and colleagues.
- Reliable and honest.
Restaurant Server Resume Example
12, Lowdon Street, Washington
email@example.com, (332) 572-4477
Seeking to serve the customer well and keeping the good long term relationship with the valuable customers in the catering industry.
- Having good conduct, politeness and very much courteousness will boost up the bonhomie relationship.
- Having food specific knowledge and cool capacity of handling the customers both at the same time.
- Can support as a team leader of the organization, motivate the colleagues.
- Much spirited and dynamic.
- Very much well communicative both verbal and written.
- Keeping well time management.
- Well cooperative with seniors and colleagues.
Royal Restaurant, Washington
Assistant Restaurant Server, (2011-2014)
- Worked as a helper of kitchen staff.
- Served as evening hour’s food server.
Venus Continental Restaurant, California
Junior Restaurant Server, (2008-2010)
- Served as table setter.
- Worked as a maker of soft drinks.
Passed High School Diploma
Chicago High School (2007-2008)
- Like gardening.
- Like wild life.
- Regular reader of restaurant hospitality related magazine on nets.
- Interested in car racing.
- Interested in sports especially in tennis, billiards, and cricket.
Restaurant Server Resume Sample
According to the latest situation, with the rise of traveling and tourism industry, the demand of restaurant server is on the demand. More and more aspirants are coming to this field to secure this job. To get a job in this field you need to send a good formatted restaurant server resume.