In essence, a teacher assistant performs his duties in a private or public school under the supervision and instruction of a teacher. A teacher assistant may be designated as a paraprofessional, teacher’ aide, or education assistant in the US. Usually, once teachers educate a new subject to students, assistant teachers help them in gaining comprehensive ideas and knowledge on the topic. Assisting a teacher in the science lab or computer room, verifying students’ homework and consulting measures to uplift the weaker students comes under the responsibility of an assistant teacher. Following are the guidelines for you to prepare a resume for assistant teacher.
Some Tips on Writing a Teacher Assistant Resume
- Your career objective should be highlighted at the top of your resume. It should be well defined, impressive, and matching to the requirement of the teaching assistant job.
- Since the job responsibility of a teacher assistant is comprehensive, draw the employer’s attention to all your special skills that may concern lab assistance, caring for disabled students, or helping them in workouts.
- Other than the educational background, focus upon experience in different areas; mention the name of the institutes or establishments.
- If there is any gap in between, never forget to mention its reason.
- Extra skills like computer knowledge, administrative jobs, internet studies, or arranging sports or school events should be mentioned.
An Example of Teacher Assistant Resume
Nathan D. Robertson
XX Young Road, Pierce, ID 83546
(000) 010-0000, firstname.lastname@example.org
To be a part of the community engaged in expanding excellence of the education system among all levels of society. Usage of personal knowledge, skills, and expertise in order to build and consolidate the new generation students;
- Excellent skills in class organization and classroom management.
- Knowledge to teach students through video learning sessions or by means of projectors.
- Excellent communication skills; cool temperament with an analytic mind.
- Supportive and caring attitude to accompany both teachers as well as students.
- Computer knowledge on MS Office, presentation, and C ++.
- Time management skill.
ABC Regional School, Dearborn, AL
2012 – Present
- Provide in-depth knowledge on the lessons already taught by the class teacher to students as per his instruction and program; develop a sense of organization, discipline, and mannerism among students using techniques of classroom management;
- Arranged special classes for weaker students who grasped lessons slowly and assisted them in better understanding.
- Convened class tests; monitored individual performance of students; maintained performance chart registers, and reported to my senior. Also, discussed the suitable measures to be taken to deal with the disobedient children.
- Assisted teacher to check examination papers; worked together with him to prepare suggestive study-material for final exam students and distributed its copy among them.
- Encouraged students to maintain hygiene in their personal life and once every three months, took part in cleanliness programs for school-building and neighboring areas together with students.
ST.P Institute, Magnet, WV
2010 – 2012
- Worked as per instruction of the head and class teacher to support students to prepare their lessons.
- Supported school administrative activities like preparation of progress reports.
- Assisted students in the computer room.
- Took a leading role in social welfare activities and in a tree-plantation project.
- Helped teacher to organize class tests and checking homework.
University of CA, California (2011)
Associate’s Degree Programs for Teacher Assistants
XYZ Training School, NY (2009)